Group Coaching is held most Thursdays* and is the place for HomeSchoolPiano members to ask for advice on their playing. During coaching, students submit a video of their playing via chat.
Am I at the right level for coaching?
- You can be at ANY level to join in on coaching. I answer all questions, whether beginner or advanced. You'll always learn something new and get new ideas, even if the person I'm working with at the moment is above/below your playing level.
How do I submit my video for feedback?
- It is suggested that you upload your video to YouTube and mark it as either 'public' or 'unlisted'. Private videos can only be viewed by you. How to upload to YouTube.
- After your video is on Youtube, you then share your video link in the chat area of Zoom.
Video submission details:
- You are welcomed to play anything you are currently working on, have mastered, or you're looking for feedback on. This can be a lesson, an arrangement of yours, some improvising, a song you've learned elsewhere, any of the lessons on the Jazzedge site, etc...
- Your playing does not need to be perfect! Some students prefer to wait until they have a piece down well before submitting, while others will submit videos of their ongoing process, mistakes and all. Either is fine and is left up to the student to decide.
- Submitted videos should be 2 minutes or less. Due to the time of watching the video live and getting my feedback, I need submitted videos to be 2 min or less please!
- Videos can not be submitted ahead of time and should be submitted via the chat window in Zoom during the coaching session.
Is there a replay of coaching?
- Yes! Every coaching session is recorded and put in the Live Training section of the Community Forum.
Do I need to join every session? What happens if I miss a session?
- LOL, this isn't like school. No attendance is taken and coaching, while structured, is also very loose and fun.
- You are not require to come to ANY coaching, office hours or live training sessions.
- Alternatively, you can also come to ALL coaching, office hours and training sessions if you wish.
- No other site (that I've seen) offers this level of live interaction with the main teacher ("The Guy") where you can get 1-on-1 feedback. If you miss a session, you can always catch the replay in the Community Forum.
*schedule subject to change, please always check the calendar for updated dates and times.