I want to welcome you to HomeSchoolPiano. The lessons are broken into 4 courses: CorePiano and Levels 1, 2, and 3.
In these lessons you'll learn fun songs that will teach you how to read music, improve your ear, learn chords, rhythm, improvisation and even how to arrange and compose your own music.
While you'll learn a bunch of fun songs (listen to some on our main HomeSchoolPiano page) the focus of the site is to teach you not only how to play the piano, but how to tap into your creativity and unleash the musician inside.
Be patient. It takes most students a couple of years to complete HomeSchoolPiano. If you get stuck, join me each week in coaching and I'll be happy to help!
To get started, I would suggest:
- Watch the orientation video to the right
- Start with CorePiano if you are new to the piano, if not,
- Jump into Level 1 (Download the music then click on Unit 1)
- Join in on Coaching to get feedback on your playing, meet other students and ask your questions!
- Join the HomeSchoolPiano Facebook Group and Youtube channel
The following PDF file is a great summary of what you'll learn in each book and unit.